Painting is one of the ways you can change up the mood inside your house. One of the most important things to consider when thinking of painting is choosing the best paint. There can be numerous paint brands out there in the market but finding the right one can be quite challenging. You should do your research and observations so you don’t fail.
In order to make things easier, we talked a lot about what determines a good paint and which are the best ones to choose from.
What to consider when choosing paint
There are some factors that make a paint considered good. Here are some of the most important ones to keep in mind when selecting.
- Color richness –When talking about color richness it is important to select colors that are highly pigmented and vibrant. This way you avoid multiple coats to have the desired effect and finish.
- Coverage –Coverage is essential in the aspect of painting. You don’t want a thin paint that won’t cover anything, not even the paint that was there previously, let alone stains or imperfections. This is why you should always prioritize coverage.
- Primer –If you want to perfectly seal your paint job you have to use a primer. Using a primer will provide you with solid paint and will avoid chipping, flaking, or imperfections.
- Finish –Just like the colors that differ, the same goes for finishes. They range from flat to glossy. The glossier the finish, the greater the pigment of the color is and the bigger the attention that it draws.
- Chemical smell-As an underrated factor, the paint smell should always be considered. Since paint is made out of many chemicals, the smell will most likely be chemical too. Look for low-smelly paints for a more user-friendly experience.
Some good brands for interior painting
- Benjamin Moore – Interior paint regal select waterborne- This paint brand is considered reasonably priced and good quality, perfect for a project on a budget. The paint is quick-drying and a primer-free formulation.
- Valspar signature- Giving good coverage at medium to low cost. A professional-level finishing is guaranteed and the chemical smell is barely noticeable. Best of all, it contains primer so you don’t need to worry about getting a separate one.
- Glidden interior premium- A good paint that can survive under high-moisture conditions. It gives a mold and mildew-resistant finish so you won’t need to repaint problematic areas.
- Sherwin- Williams – It applies smoothly and is very buttery. This paint gives quality coverage and prevents harsh streaks. It is very easy to apply and is very pigmented.
JXF Painting Services will be happy to help you.
For more than two decades in this field, what we have done is only dreams and visions of our clients in Toronto come to life. We are more than happy to guide our customers into the best experience in the market. Our work has always been considered as high-quality and worth the payment. Every project given to us is treated with responsibility. All the painting jobs done are cured to details. Our team makes sure that the outcome will be incomparable. They are not only qualified for residential and commercial painting, but also for any kind of renovations from very small jobs to installing new kitchens and more. We try to have the best customer service and to listen in detail to every idea and opinion that our client has. For more detailed information, suggestions and prices please contact us via e-mail at [email protected] or via phone at (647) 889-7967.