The best and easiest way to make a big difference in your house is by painting it. We will tell you everything that you need to know and even the cost of painting a house. After painting your house it will definitely feel like home, a cozy and enjoyable living space. You can go crazy and give it some serious pop colours or you can use some of the more basic colours.
Exterior Paint vs Interior Paint
Before starting to paint your house you should learn about the different paint types and primers that are used for different parts of your home.
|Exterior Paint||Interior Paint|
|To paint the exterior part of your house you should use more durable paint. The resins used are softer because they help to maintain fading, extreme weather, temperatures etc.||For the interior paint, you can worry less about all the weather factors. Because of that interior paint doesn’t have all the additives and doesn’t do a perfect job if it’s used outside.|
How much Paint Costs
There are many types of materials and paints to be considered when starting to think about the cost of painting your house.
The most important part of painting your house is the building for starters the foundations, like the paint primer. The paint primer makes it easier to apply the paint afterwards, it seals the previous colour and creates a more even finish. Paint primers cost from $20 up to $80 per gallon.
- Latex paint. Latex paint is the most commonly used paint for interior paint rolls on drywall. Latex paint is also environmentally friendly and can be the best choice when you need to do two coats. The cost of latex paint for painting your house varies on the brand you choose from $35 – $80 per gallon.
- Oil-based paint. The popularity of oil-based paint has decreased dramatically in recent years due to containing more VOCs. In spite of that, you can use it in small amounts in rooms that have high moisture like bathrooms, basement, or kitchens. A little cheaper than latex paint, oil-based paint cost around $25 – $75 per gallon.
Even paint finishes can affect the cost of painting your house. The paint finisher helps to cover all the little flaws in your wall and make them shiny. Generally the shinier the paint finishes is the more it costs.
- High-gloss paint. High-gloss paint is the easiest to clean, the nicest to see, and the most durable of all paint sheens. But high-gloss paint is not recommended for interior walls because it might be distracting. We usually use high-gloss paint for cabinets, doors, and trims. High-gloss paint costs around $50 – $70 per gallon.
- Semi-gloss paint. Semi-gloss paint is slightly less enduring than high-gloss paint but also is less shiny and can be used with ease on every wall. Usually is preferably used in rooms with moisture like bathrooms, basements, and kitchens. Semi-gloss paint cost around $45 – $65 per gallon.
- Satin paint. Saint paint stands in the middle of paint finishes if we rank them on how shiny and light-reflective they are. Saint paint costs around $40 – $60 per gallon.
- Flat, or matte finish. A flat, or matte finish is used mainly when your wall has something to hide. It works perfectly well because it has the most pigment and gives the most coverage. Semi-gloss paint costs around $30 – $55 per gallon.
- Eggshell paint. Eggshell paint stands between flat and satin finishes on the durability and shine scale. Eggshell covers nicely every imperfection of the wall where it’s applied. Eggshell paint costs around $25 – $50 per gallon.
How much Paint Supplies Cost
While planning the cost of painting your house you should consider the supplies costs. Even though the biggest part of your budget it will go to paints a good part of the budget goes to the supplies like canvas drop cloths, plastic drop cloths, paper drop cloths, paper/poly cloths, painter’s tape, ladders, brushes and rollers etc.
Factors that Would Bring the Price Higher
- Painting over previous cheap paint or moistened surfaces
- Using high-end quality paints and supplies
- Repairs from wallpaper removal and small repairs
- Homes with large rooms and a number of custom work
How to Save on Painting your House
- Prepare some of the rooms for painting by moving some of the furniture end covering them
- Clean the house after the painting is done
- Chose a professional painter company
- Do not hesitate to ask questions to your painter company
Working with professional exterior house painting contractors like JXF Painting Service Team means you have access to their years of experience. Only the most skilled craftsmen can assure you that from start to finish, they can perform and complete their job according to the highest professional standards, safest procedures, and they can ensure you only get results you can be very proud of. Don’t think twice to call us at (647) 889-7967 or to send us an email at [email protected].