If you plan on painting, you have to remove your wallpaper, and of course, you should address any issues with your walls before you get started. After putting in the hard work of removing the wallpaper, you will have a smooth surface for painting. Also if you hire a professional wallpaper removal and drywall repairs contractor like JXF Painting, you don’t have to worry anymore because we deal with everything.
What causes damaged drywall?
First of all, we need to identify what causes the damaged drywall. That’s because it helps us to carry out the process properly and that problem never arises. Here are some of the causes:
- Termite Damage: Termites are as small as ants, and are known to cause severe damage to homes, costing so thousands of dollars in repairs. Discovering termites damage is an unsettling experience, but JXF Painting can help you.
- Water Damage: Water damaged form can show up in your home or business in a number of different ways and causes serious damages
- Furniture Scuffs: This makes the furniture look dim, and as a result, the beauty of the room fades.
- Tile Removal Damage: This is an issue that really needs to be left to the professional’s hands.
- Small and big holes: This is commonplace. The most important thing is to repair it with quality.
Here we are giving you some general information about the actions performed by our professionals in case of damaged drywall repair.
- Drywall sander
- Drywall saw
- Dust mask
- Screw gun
- Taping knife
- Utility knife
- Oil-based primer or drywall primer
- Roller and paintbrush
Steps to Fix Damaged Drywall After Wallpaper Removal
- It is really important to ensure that you remove all the flue left behind by the wallpaper. Wash the walls with TSP and water, because in that way you will clear away dried glue globs and any other remnants.
- You have to clear everywhere is sand or paper. Also, make sure to clean up any dust before you apply spackle. You will need to smooth the edges to create a smoother surface for the spackle.
- Apply with a putty knife, laying it on thicker where there are holes and gouges.
- Make sure to wear a mask for this part, because spackle dust is not good for you and can make you cough a lot if inhaled.
- Once everything is dry, you should give everything a coat of primer using a drywall primer or oil-based primer too.
To conclude, damaged drywall repair could be a nightmare for inexperienced homeowners. But you don’t have to do it yourself. If you decide to make a drywall repair JXF Painting is the best drywall repair company in Toronto and all GTA. With many years of experience and a qualified team, we are ready to help you!
So, feel free to call us at (647) 889-7967 or to send us an email [email protected]